This post comes courtesy of Ania – she has posed some questions so that we can get to know each other better and I think it is fabulous idea. So here goes…..
1. What are your values/priorities in life?
I believe in being truthful and honest in everything that I do. I believe that we all need a chance in life and sometimes that chance comes from the most unexpected quarters of our lives. I believe that it is only in asking for something that you will receive and no harm comes from saying no once in a while. I also believe in being a great listener and sometimes that just being there and available is all the support that is needed.
My priorities in life and my family, my health and my happiness.
- What is your zodiac sign? Do you match its description?
Virgo – and absolutely! A Virgo by definition courtesy of Google describes me to a tee.
Virgo is a very independent zodiac sign. They may dwell too much on the past. Some people might find them cold or emotionally detached because they live in their minds, not in their emotions and feelings. They are rational thinkers and are good at settling other people’s disputes and putting them on the right track for reconciliation. Before a Virgo plunges into anything, from a problem to a vacation idea, they need to analyze all the facts and know all the details before they plunge in and make a decision. They need to be organized in their mind, sometimes all their energy is taken from organizing their mind that they have a difficult time organizing their surroundings.
- Do you have a pet? If you do, what kind of a pet is it?
No but I would really love this little guy – isn’t he so cute.
- Are there any quotes you particularly like?
OMG absolutely! I have loads which you can check out on pinterest here. But a few of my favourites are:
The only one stopping me is me! Courtesy of Bitchcakes
Don’t count the days – make the days count.
I have chosen happiness because it is good for my health.
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
5. What song would you pick up as a soundtrack to your life? If you cannot choose one, take several 🙂
Oh these change depending on what music I am in to at any given time! But at the moment if I was chose some to be on the soundtrack they would be
Sun always shines on tv – A-ha ( its a childhood fav!)
I have loads more and I could go on all day but this is the a good sample of my soundtrack.
6. Who are the most important people in your life?
7. Do you believe in life after death? If yes, how do you imagine it will look like?
Yes, I would like to believe that we all get a second chance to be the person we would like to be. AKA I would like to be tall, skinny and rich! Lol
8. What are your greatest passions/hobbies?
Baking and reading. And generally doing a good job in what ever I take on.
9. If you could choose any job in the world, which one would you choose?
A teacher – I have always wanted to teach and be an inspiration to others and let young children know that they can be whatever they want to be.
10. How do you like to dress? Do you stick to a particular style?
Professional, preppy sometimes 50’s is how I would describe my style. I have a pinboard on pinterest which would help explain it better.
11. What’s your most favourite book/writer?
Rachels holidays – Marian Keyes.
12. Are you more of an extrovert or an introvert?
Total introvert – no denying it.
13. If you could perfect one of the skills you already have or dream of having, which one would it be?
Singing – I know I can sing – but I gave up years ago and always regretted it. I would love to have sung in the West end or on broadway.
14. Do you have a role model? Is there some historical figure/celebrity/family member you admire?
Bethenny Frankel – She has this determination and the ability to know what she wants in life, go get it and be happy. Really is there any more you can ask for in life.
15. What do you usually do to lift your mood?
Listen to some great dance music and sing along with it.
16. What are your top 5 websites that you visit daily or most often?
Only 5! Oh dear.
www.digitalspy.co.uk – soap/tv gossip and showbiz gossip all in one place.
www.twitter.com – catching up on everything in 140 characters.
www.dailymail.co.uk – trashy news!
www.pinterest.com – I’m addicted
www.linkedin.com – keep up with everything work related.
17. Where would you live if you could choose any place in the world?
New York – its a city that never sleeps is full of so much adventure and diversity and excitement. How could you not want to live here
18. Do you like your flat/house or would you like to move somewhere else?
I live in a house – and I love it! The location and size is perfect for me!
19. What do you carry in your bag?
My life! Breaking it down – my makeup, my phone, my diary, my wallet,
20. Which countries would you like to visit?
Italy, Germany and Canada.
21. What’s your biggest dream (if you can tell, of course)?
To get married
22. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A holiday in a 5 star hotel so I could relax and figure out what to do with the rest of my winnings.
23. If you compare yourself five years ago and now, what has changed?
I have two big changes in the last 5 years of which I am proud of – my confidence – I am a much more confident person than I was 5 years. I am skinnier!
24. Do you speak any foreign languages? Would you like to learn any in the future?
I speak enough French (learned from my school days ) to get myself directions and fed. Same goes for Spanish. I would love learn to Spanish better though.
25. What are your biggest strengths and your biggest weaknesses?
My biggest strength is my ability to be there when I am needed and keep a confidence. Sometimes in work situations I can think a step or two ahead.
Weakness – Maths ! I hate numbers and my mind goes blank even thinking about numbers. Overthinking – I over think personal circumstances – or something that is said I over think interpretations.
26. What skills do your friends ask you to teach them? What kind of advice do people turn to you for?
If they want truthful answers – even those ones that hurt. If they want motivation and kick up the ass they will turn to me.
This has been fantastic and I have to say made me think more than I thought it would. Thanks Ania!
Would love if others answer these questions to link up in the comments on my or Anias blog.