Your CV is ready – but how do you go about finding that ever elusive job! Networking is a very important aspect to looking for a new job and getting to know the right people.
Networking is having conversation with people who you know can help you with information about other people they know in order to seek the following:
Remember that old saying “its not what you know its’ who you know” that sums up networking perfectly.
There are 5 simple steps that will help produce positive networking results for you.
- Build your network – Know who you can talk too that will get you places.
- Prepare your story – i.e always use the truth and never lie.
- Prepare and practice to build confidence in talking to theirs.
- Make calls – make appointments
- Develop a tracking system.
Has anyone any particularly good or bad experiences around networking? Leave them in comment section of this blog.